Friday, July 31, 2009

Pentel Slicci 0.3 mm

Naming one favourite pen would probably be as hard as naming one favourite book. However, one pen that would definitely make it onto the list of my favourite pens is the Pentel Slicci.

I bought my first Pentel Slicci at JetPens a few months ago. The Pentel Slicci is a gel pen, and is available in 0.25 mm, 0.3 mm, 0.4 mm, and 0.7 mm, and in a multitude of colours. I chose a 0.3 mm version in sky blue.


I love the Pentel Slicci because it lays down a smooth, fine line that allows me to make small, neat letters. When a colour has a name like "sky blue," I am afraid that it may be too light to read easily, but that is not the case with the Pentel Slicci. The sky blue is a bright, beautiful blue, completely different from the standard blue of ballpoint pens. (The photograph makes the ink look a bit lighter than it really is.)

I also have to mention the physical appearance of the pen. It has a sleek, stylish look, which I prefer to the more mundane look of similar pens, such as the Pilot Hi-Tec-C. The Slicci also has a sturdier tip than the Hi-Tec-C. (I once bent the tip of a Hi-Tec-C because I press fairly hard when writing, but I do not think this would happen with the Slicci.) One drawback is the small, thin body of the pen, which can be uncomfortable if used for a long time.

Related reviews: Pencil Wrap, The Pen Addict (1), The Pen Addict (2)

4 comments:

  1. A new blog. I look forward to seeing what you will post. This pen sounds wonderful, I will be giving it a try.

    Spirithelpers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky blue Slicci -- my favorite pen ever. (Except mine are .7s and .4s.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrived at this (very old) post from your most recent one, and I have to say my .25 Slicci (in green) is my favorite pen! They are awesome. I will disagree with you on the thin body being a negative though...for my hands, the thinner the pen, the better (I have very long, thin fingers). :) I've been enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, bentneedle! I haven't tried the 0.25mm Slicci yet, but I will definitely do so at some point. And since I wrote this review, I think I've come to agree with you as well about the thin body: I really don't have any problems with it anymore, possibly because I also have long, thin fingers :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...