Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto

I have mixed feelings about the Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto. Although my overall opinion of it is positive, I do have a few small issues with it.

I ordered a clear 3-colour pen body, and 0.4mm ink cartridges in blue black, green, and apricot orange. I don't particularly care for the clear pen body, but none of the other colours available (pink, blue, and black) appealed to me either. The cartridges are very easy to load into the pen; simply slide them into the bottom end and close the white cap to secure them.

The ink seems to run down fairly quickly. I would like to try the 0.3mm cartridges, but since the 0.4mm ones are sometimes a bit scratchy, I am afraid that the smaller size would only make the problem worse.

I love the blue black colour; it is just a little bit different and perfect for those days when you can't decide whether to use blue or black. The green is a perfectly serviceable, decent shade, but not the most exciting green I have encountered. The apricot orange is a very lovely colour, but just at the edge of what I would consider too light to do regular writing with (it looks darker in the photo than what it actually is).

Overall, the Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto is an acceptable multi-pen, but I can't say that I have fallen in love with it.

Related reviews: Pen Swag, The Pen Addict, Economy Pens, East West Everywhere

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that review, Heather. It is helpful in deciding what to fill my basket with at JetPens. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...