Sunday, October 18, 2009

Doodles


The margins of my school notes are filled with abstract geometric doodles.  Occasionally, I'll take a theme I particularly like and develop it further in my sketch book or I'll do some more extended doodles while trying out a new pen.

Left: Colours and boxes.  Lyra Rembrandt Aquarell watercolour pencils.  All doodles are in my Heinz Jordan 5"x8" Permanent Sketch Book.

I find that doodling while I'm in class actually helps me to concentrate on what the instructor is saying.  I also seem to be incapable of having a pen and a piece of paper in front of me and not be writing or drawing.  I just have to keep my hand busy.

Below left: Mandala with black and red overlapping scales.  Sharpie Pen.
Below right: Detail of a page of overlapping circles.  Staedtler Triplus Fineliners.

Below: 3x3 coloured squares.  Staples Gel Mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...