Friday, November 27, 2009

Art Journaling, Part 3: Collage


Here's the first page spread of my art journal after applying collage materials.  I used various origami papers, scrapbooking papers, magazine cutouts, and miscellaneous scraps of coloured and patterned papers.  Part of one of my mandalas that I drew with compasses and a straight edge and coloured with pencil crayons is also featured at the top of the right-hand page.  For attaching the collage materials, I used a tape roller rather than a glue stick.  For once, I didn't get glue all over my desk and my fingers weren't sticking to everything.

So far I am really liking the way these pages are developing.  After I made the border, a circular theme started to develop (and now that I am looking for it, I can see lots of circular patterns in the border as well).  I absolutely love the colours, which I tried to keep muted and not too light.

The next step will be work with various pens and markers, which will hopefully make these pages look like more than just a bunch of pieces of paper stuck on a painted background (which, after all, is all they are right now).

Other posts in this series:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...