Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust in Lime Star


If you are truly obsessed with pens as I am, you have probably accumulated, as I have, a few pens that have absolutely no practical uses.  Such a pen is the Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust in lime star which I bought for no other reason than that it had glittery lime green ink.


How could I pass by a pen with glittery lime green ink?  I am NOT usually a glitter type of person, but sometimes you just have to indulge yourself.  The only place I could see myself actually using this pen is in my art journal, but even then it would have to be used sparingly so as not to appear overdone.

So what sort of pen is the glittery lime green Gelly Roll?  Well, it has a smooth, sleek body of clear frosted plastic, a cap with a hint of glitter in it, and the nice touch of an iridescent shooting star decoration on the clip.

The barcode is printed directly onto the pen rather than onto a sticker that I could remove, which is a bit annoying.  It writes very smoothly, although the ink does have a habit of coming out all at once in a glob as you begin to write. 
But seriously, it writes with glittery lime green ink - what more do you need to know?

Related reviews: Journaling Saves, QuinnCreative

8 comments:

  1. I have a collection of these pens. I think my favorite may be the purple or the orange but I love how bright they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't get much use out of my Stardust Gelly roll pens either. Though one of my middle school nieces seem to really like them, and they can be handy for adding some decorative touches to homemade greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another purple fan over here (as well as the owner of a blue one)...

    but they are usually languishing in the mug on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My excuse for buying a bunch of Gelly Rolls -- "they're for my kids (of course)". They're not great for my day to day writing, but they are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may try a nail polish remover to remove the painting on the pens. I "clean" my Pilot V-Pen with those.

    Disclaimer: If it doesn't work you may have to sacrifice a pen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that tip! I don't own any nail polish remover, but that is certainly something to keep in mind for the future!

      Delete
  6. Oh. My! I love that pen! I have the same one, and it is so green! I like using it when I draw people, you know, for eye color. It just gives dimension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought to use a pen like this for drawing people or for artwork like that. That sounds like it must look really neat :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...