Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sakura Permapaque Opaque Paint Markers

Despite my resolutions to post more frequently, life inevitably gets in the way.  This past week I have had far too many tests, quizzes, lab exams, and assignments due.  Whenever I have had any spare time, I haven't felt like doing anything other than curling up with a good book.  (Actually, considering the amount of time that I should have spent studying, I am rather appalled at the number of books I have read recently.)

I'm not going to write a proper review of the Sakura Permapaque Opaque Paint Markers.  I have never used any kind of paint markers before so I don't really have anything to compare them to.  That said, I recently bought a pack of ten colours: white, black, brown, red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.


So far, I'm liking them.  They definitely have a different look and feel to them than your basic markers that you can buy at the grocery store.  The only disappointing thing about them so far is the white marker.  At best, all it does is lighten the colour of the paper beneath it.  At worst, the white is practically invisible.  I have tried it on several different surfaces with the same results.  I am rather puzzled by this as the yellow marker (also a light colour) writes on dark surfaces fairly well.  Oh well.  I suppose my quest for a good white pen/marker will continue.

Mandala drawn with the Permapaque paint markers.

I am planning to use these markers in my art journal, which I have not forgotten and which I do intend to write more posts on.  (I warned you about my inconstant journaling habits.)  I have a short break between exams right now, so hopefully I'll be able to get another post up here soon.

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful mandala. How big is it? Do you want to sell it? I can paypal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandala measures about 5 inches by 5 inches. I have never considered selling any of my work (which I really produce very little of), but I am very flattered that you would consider buying it. Perhaps someday in the future I will think about selling more seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I stumbled upon your review. I was just about to buy the white marker (also on a quest for a perfect opaque white marker...why are they so hard to find??). I'm not going to waste my money now. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, Vel. I don't know why good white markers (and pens) are so hard find. This one was practically useless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...