Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From the Art Journal: Dark Wings



I made these pages back in mid-December and I am ashamed to admit that I haven't made any pages since then.  They turned out busier and bluer than I had originally envisioned, but I still rather like them.  As in previous pages, I used various patterned and coloured papers, magazine cutouts, and other odds and ends, as well as gel pens and paint markers, on a background painted with fluid acrylics.  The mandala that appears on the left-hand page above was originally paired with the mandala on these earlier pages.  And in case you were wondering, these mandalas were never complete circles and always have had a piece missing out of them.

The words are from Wendell Berry.  One of these days I'm going to use my own words on the pages (making it more of an actual journal).  Usually by the time I get to the point of adding words, I am eager to be finished and find it easier to look up a favourite quote rather than write words of my own.

3 comments:

  1. your art is wonderfully alive, thank you for sharing this!! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tammie, and happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...