Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Zebra Sarasa Clip 0.7mm Lime Green

I had seen some positive reviews of the Zebra Sarasa Clip, so when I saw a tub of these pens at a local store (and in lime green!), I couldn't resist.  And so far, I have not been disappointed.


The Zebra Sarasa Clip is a very serviceable, smooth-writing gel pen.  I have the 0.7mm version, which is not my ideal, but is certainly liveable (and did I mention it is lime green?).  I have used previous versions of the Zebra Sarasa and found them to be excellent pens and the Sarasa Clip is no exception.

One of the most notable features of this pen is, of course, the clip, which is spring-loaded and is arguably one of the best clips I have ever seen on a pen.  I wish all pens came with clips like these!  The clip feels very sturdy and attaches easily onto books and papers.

The grip is tapered towards the tip of the pen, which seems a bit different, and it is quite comfortable, covering all parts of my hand that are touching the pen.  I can't decide whether I prefer it to the grip of the Uni-ball Signo RT or not.  The top section of the pen is made of frosted plastic, while the bottom section is clear.  Obviously this is a very minor detail, but it just puzzles me and I think it looks a bit odd.

The colour, in case you hadn't noticed, is lime green, which is one of those colours that I worry about being dark enough to read easily.  Personally, I don't have a problem with the lime green Zebra Sarasa Clip, although if you generally dislike writing with light-coloured pens, it may not be for you.  This lime green seems to have more yellow in it than the lime green of the Uni-ball Signo DX, and I think I actually prefer this shade.

7 comments:

  1. It took me a moment but I just realized that my current favorite pen is also a Zebra Sarasa (it just isn't the clip version) but it IS lime green! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoy the orange as it is very bright and still very easy to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lime green is one of my favourite colours. Orange is also nice. Glad we share some of the same tastes in colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me its the photo that does it. Looking at this graph pad and the lime Zebra tucked neatly next to it, I want one of those two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it, Palimpsest. The graph pad is a No. 11 Rhodia pad, if you wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?















    Leather Note Jotter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine! To subscribe via email, just look near the top of my blog's sidebar (below the welcome message) and you will see a place where you can enter your email address and then click on submit.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...