Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pentel Slicci 10 Colour Set

I rarely buy pen sets for myself, but they make excellent items to give or to receive as presents.  My mother recently gave me a set of 10 0.3mm Pentel Slicci gel pens as an early birthday present, thanks to some not-so-subtle hints on my part.


I have previously reviewed a Pentel Slicci pen (in fact, it was the very first pen that I reviewed here), and I really don't have anything further to add here, other than to say again that these are excellent pens.  Writing with them is truly a delight, as the ink glides smoothly from the fine tip, requiring little to no pressure from your hand.  If 0.3mm is too fine for you, the Pentel Slicci is also available in 0.4mm and 0.7mm (as well as 0.25mm).

The slim profile of the pen may prove uncomfortable for some, but for me, this is part of the pen's charm.  The sleek, slender, colourful bodies are eye-catching and stand out from the multitudes of pens in my pen case.  Perhaps the only issue I have with the pen body is the lid, which does not snap on the end of the pen and usually feels as though it is either going to fall off or become stuck, depending on how far I force it on.  Still, the issue of the lid is a relatively small price to pay for the otherwise delightful writing experience of the Pentel Slicci.  The Pentel Slicci may not be for everyone, but everyone who loves pens owe it to themselves to try it out.

The 10 colour set contains pens in the colours of black, blue black, blue, sky blue, green, orange, baby pink, pink, red, and purple.  Here are the writing samples:


Three shades of blue, two shades of pink, only one shade of green - being much more of a fan of the colour green than I am of pink, I think I would have preferred a second shade of green rather than the second shade of pink.  Still, this is only my personal preference.  The green is not a dark green and does not have a hint of lime in it; it seems a bit different than the average green.  I like it.  The purple is also notable; I don't use purple often, but this one seems to have more lavender in it than usual.

The Pentel Slicci is an excellent pen that will be on my list of favourite pens for some time to come.

10 comments:

  1. I just bought this. I hope them pens be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, these are very good pens - I hope you are not disappointed with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Storage is simple for these pens, since the plastic case that they come in is sturdy enough to store them permanently. If I wasn't using that, they would probably find a home in one of these pencil cases: http://apenchantforpaper.blogspot.com/2010/08/homemade-pencilpen-cases.html

      Delete
  4. Thanks Heather! And horizontal or vertical?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I store all of my pens horizontally, but I think that for these it shouldn't matter too much which you choose. Just choose whatever works best for you and the way you use your pens.

      Delete
  5. Hi Heather! I thought I'd come to your blog for some reference about these pens. A penpal of mine recently gave me her list of favorite pens, and these were one of them, so I thought I'd check out and see if you had a review of them -- and you did;) its even among your favorites :))) how cool, I definitely trust your opinion and you are the second person who likes them so I am going to buy these and see how they work out. Thanks so much for the review! xo

    From, Katie ... another pen addict lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as well, Katie! I am honoured that you would check out my opinion before buying. And I would definitely recommend the Pentel Sliccis; in my opinion, they are among the most awesome pens ever, and I hope that you are not disappointed in them!

      Delete
  6. I just discovered the slicci pens this spring and I adore them! Especially wonderful is the slight release of ink if you watercolor just after drawing, so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Sliccis with watercolours yet, but I'll have to try that out one day! I adore them as well, and I'm getting more into watercolours lately, so that sounds like a great combination.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...