Thursday, March 18, 2010

In the Pencil Case


This is going to be a quick look at the pens (and other items) that I have in my pencil case these days.  They are not necessarily my favourite pens, but are simply the pens that I find myself using most frequently, mainly for school-related purposes.  From left to right:
  • Mechanical pencil - I've had this pencil for years and it's getting fairly worn and tattered, but I can still make out the writing on the side, which reads "Pentel 120 A3 DX 0.9mm."  I'm not a big user of pencils generally, and I would prefer 0.5mm, but I have this one and it works, so I'm going to use it.
  • Sanford Speederase - I love this eraser.  Not only is it much more convenient to use and to store in my pencil case than a block eraser, but it also erases very cleanly.
  • Extra leads for above-mentioned pencil - These are also by Pentel, and are HB.
  • Pilot Dr. Grip with a red ballpoint refill - I have a suspicion that the refill in this pen is not by Pilot and was not originally intended for this pen.  This is my last ballpoint pen, and when it runs out I will not be sorry.  I mainly use it for writing drafts of blog posts.
  • Pilot FriXion Color-Pencil-Like Erasable Gel Pen 0.7mm purplish red - I use this pen for note-taking, mainly to add some variety of colour to the pages.  It does come in handy sometimes to have an erasable pen, but for some reason the 0.7mm of this pen feels wider than it is, and that, combined with some issues I have with the design, prevent me from really enjoying it.
  • Uni-ball Signo Gel Grip 0.7mm blue - This is my basic note-taking pen that I use for the majority of my notes.  Generally smooth writing, occasionally the ink flow seems to slow down and the pen becomes somewhat scratchy.
  • Staedtler Silver Ball 404 0.3mm pink - This is the last of a set of pens that I bought about 7 years ago, which shows you how I like pink the least of all colours.  These pens are fairly decent rollerball pens, but I would probably not buy a set again.  I use this pen for words that I want to stand out on a page, but it is not ideal on thin papers as the ink will bleed through.
  • Pentel Slicci 0.3mm sky blue - I own several colours of the Pentel Slicci, but the sky blue version has found its way into my pencil case mainly because I have two of them.  Because of its fine point, it is good for adding notes in the margin or in situations where I need to write fairly small.
So, what's in your pencil case?

5 comments:

  1. What's in my pencil case? I'll send you a photo if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually have one because I rarely go places with sets of pencils/pens etc.I do have a trolley for boxes of pencils, paints etc with a wooden carrier for pencils where I paint, draw etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mind telling us which pencil case you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to be unhelpful, but I actually don't know! I bought it at Wal-Mart (I think) many years ago, and, because this is an old blog post, I don't even have this pencil case anymore. It was a pretty good case, though, and I'm sorry I don't know what brand it was.

      Delete
  4. My penil case?

    Bic 0.7 mechanical
    Papermate Clear Point 0.5 Mechanical
    Bic 0.9 mechanical

    Pentel 0.9 Lead
    Pentel 0.7 Lead
    Pentel 0.5 Lead

    Papermate InkJoy 100 (10 pack or colors,some smoothed out) -minus black
    Zebra Z-grip (my current black as I broke my ink joy)
    Papermate Profile (gross little thing, not used)

    Bic Correction Pen (replacing with Pentel Presto)

    LiquidMark Black Marker

    Green Sharpie - Fine
    Blue Sharpie - Fine
    Cobalt Sharpie - Fine
    Turquoise Sharpie - Fine

    -20 pens-

    --I used to have a Lamy Safari Fine but that pen is broken and on my desk...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...