Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Sketches


I went for a walk on Saturday, the spring equinox, and ended up at the horticulture garden on campus with my sketchbook.  It was a good day for sketching: not too cold, filtered sunlight, and a breeze that was not strong enough to ruffle the pages of my sketchbook.

I had already added the knotwork drawings to the pages, which made fitting in the sketches more challenging.  It also made starting to sketch less intimidating, as there was already something on the page.  I am still very new to sketching and drawing, so please be kind in your comments!

The sketches were done with Staedtler Triplus Fineliners; the knotwork patterns with Sharpie Pens.  For the curious, the title "South Bench" in the second page spread refers to the fact that there are three benches in the garden, at the north end, in the middle, and at the south end.  Obviously I was sitting on the southern bench while I worked on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...