Monday, March 29, 2010

Uni-ball Jetstream 0.7mm Black

The Uni-ball Jetstream, which I suspect will be familiar to many of my readers, has become a recent addition to my ever-growing list of favourite pens.  It is a rather stylish looking pen, but in an understated way: sleek, smart, and professional are adjectives that come to mind.


The aspect of the Jetstream that I am most thrilled with, however, is the way it writes, combining the feel of a ballpoint with the smoothness of a gel pen.  Almost every time I have picked up this pen to write with, I have thought to myself, "Wow, this pen writes smoothly."  Although I have the 0.7mm version, the width of the line is comparable to that of a 0.5mm gel pen (such as the Pilot G-2).  The black ink does not stand out for any particular blackness, but is perfectly acceptable.

If all of that wasn't enough, the Uni-ball Jetstream feels very comfortable to write with: not too thin, not too thick, not too smooth, not too squishy, and no sharp edges.

The only issue that I had with this pen was the colour of the pen body, which is dark blue, while the colour of the ink is black.  I find this a bit confusing, but it is clearly a very minor issue.  Other than that, I love the design and the writing ability, and would recommend this pen to anyone, particularly someone who likes ballpoints.  I never thought I would like a ballpoint pen this much!

Related review: The Pen Addict

1 comment:

  1. I agree these are by far the best ballpoints money can buy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...