Thursday, April 15, 2010

Uni-ball Vision Fine - Green

The Uni-ball Vision is another liquid ink pen that I wanted to try out.  Although I have no complaints about the writing ability of this pen, I was put off by the description of this pen as "fine."  To me, it is not fine at all, and "medium" would be a far better descriptor.



The Uni-ball Vision is a professional, smart-looking pen, if that's important to you, and its medium-wide body makes it fairly comfortable to use (for me, anyway).  The ink is waterproof and fadeproof, and the black, blue, and red versions can be used to prevent check washing.  The green ink of my version has a blue shade to it, which I do not care for (I prefer more yellow greens), but that is only my personal preference.

This pen and the Uni-ball Fusion are very similar, both in their writing ability and basic physical appearance.  At 0.7mm, the Vision writes with a slightly wider line than the Fusion at 0.6mm, and feels slightly smoother.

Vision (bottom) and Fusion (above) compared.

Someone with larger handwriting would probably enjoy this pen, but the line width is simply too wide for me to really like it for writing with.  It can, however, be used to create passable mandalas, and I do rather enjoy using it for doodling and drawing with.


Related review: Pen Swag

3 comments:

  1. I just happened upon this site while looking for book blogs and, I have to say, I really like the vibe around here! Such a different subject matter to take. Pretty, pretty cool.

    BTW, I figure you're the expert: where's a good place to pick up inexpensive quality journals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike, I'm glad you're liking my blog. Expert I am not, although I am flattered that you would think so. I don't have an answer to your question as I am just beginning to discover the world of journals, notebooks, and pens myself, but I will put the question out to my other readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The world of journals, notebooks, and pens" seems a worthy one to explore, Heather. I'll be around.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...