Sunday, June 20, 2010

Exploring Colour: Colour Charts



Sometimes I don't feel like drawing or sketching or making complex journal pages.  Sometimes, when I am feeling tired or stressed or just don't have a lot of time to work in my journal, all I really feel like doing is colouring in little boxes.

So I draw little boxes and take out a set of pens or markers or pencils that come in all different colours and then I colour in the boxes and end up with colour charts.  It is very soothing and relaxing.  If I am feeling especially ambitious, I might even label the colours.

These colour charts are for my Pentel Slicci 0.3mm gel ink pens and my Lyra Rembrandt Aquarell watercolour pencils.  I like looking at these pages - they look calm and peaceful and orderly, just what I need on a busy, stressful day.

In other news, you have probably noticed that I have a new design for my blog.  If you have any issues with font size, colour, background, etc. that make it difficult for you to read or navigate the blog, please let me know by leaving a comment.  I am also considering having some sort of header image for the blog - what would you like to see there?  Pictures of pens and notebooks?  Hand-drawn letters?  Mandalas or sketches?  Please let me know.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post, so relaxing! I'm happy with whatever you choose but have a slight preference for pens and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also find making color charts relaxing. Pictures of pens and pencils or sketches might be nice for the header image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! An idea is beginning to form in my mind, but it might be another week or so before I have it completed and ready to add to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely addiction! It must be kind of a natural side-effect to pen-and-paper-lovers with a penchant for accumulating colours to soothe themselves with colourcharts since even my grandfather made those when he had a stressy day but wanted to spend some time with his beloved pens and inks (as I was told).

    As a header I'd like to see a drawing or a mandale, please. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playing with pens. I'll often just grab a handful of mine (I have WAY too many!) and scribble with them or write random lyrics.

    I like your new blog layout, and I'm excited to see your new header!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...