Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Old Favourite: Zebra Sarasa 0.7mm Black

What pens would you recommend to someone who doesn't have the same pen obsession that you do?  One of the ones that I would recommend is the 0.7mm black Zebra Sarasa gel pen: it writes very smoothly, is readily available at local stores, and has some of the blackest black ink that I have seen in a gel pen.  It is a familiar, comfortable, dependable pen.


At 0.7mm, this pen is not probably not going to end up in my list of top pens, but that does make it more accessible to those people who may be more familiar with the basic ballpoint pen.  This is probably the only gel pen that you will find in my mother's pen cup, in among all her ballpoints and cheap mechanical pencils.  The Zebra Sarasa is a basic pen: retractable, with a standard yet fairly comfortable grip, simple design.  It can't go wrong.

What pens would you recommend to someone?

Related reviews: Pens 'n' Paper, The Pretense of Knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. Heather - I agree, this is a trusty, basic pen. The blue is nice, too - a dark blue. The new Sarasa SE 07 is also a sturdy gel pen, or is that the pen in this review? - can't tell. Keep up the good work. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HC! I don't know if I've tried the blue Sarasa, although I have tried the red, dark green, and a few other colours. The SE 07 is not familiar to me, but I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...