Monday, November 1, 2010

Upcoming Posts & Reader Input

Things have been a bit quiet lately over here at A Penchant for Paper.  Part of the reason is that I was very busy with studying for exams and writing reports in October.  Things have quieted down a bit now that we're into November, so hopefully I will find more time to write posts for this blog this month.

Yet another part of the reason is that I haven't been completely satisfied with the direction that this blog has been going, which is why I would like to ask you, readers, what would you like to see more (or less) of here?  To make it even easier for you to give your input, I have added a poll to the sidebar on the right-hand side of the page (just below the welcome message).  It will just take you a second for you to select the things you would like to see more of.  Also feel free to leave a comment on this post or contact me directly via email.

I will probably also be changing the blog design again so any suggestions related to design, colours, blog headers, etc. would also be appreciated.

I know that several more followers and readers have joined us in the last month, so I'm really sorry that I haven't had more posts up for you to read.  However, that will hopefully be changing this month, as I have several posts lined up for the next few weeks.  The photo below gives a sneak peek at what you can expect here in November.

Many thanks to all readers, lurkers, followers, and commenters!

5 comments:

  1. Hi I am recent finder of your blog and look forward to reading previous posts and your new posts coming up! I am glad you will have a quieter time in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, kel.light! I'm glad that my November will be quieter, too :) Hope to hear from you again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wise to look at new directions, if you feel the writing juices drying out. I have to imagine that blogs about tools and media probably demand some commitment to buying material so that there are things to review (?)
    As well, there are a lot of blogs about tools- but not enough that incorporate the *uses* of the tools, the writing practices.

    Perhaps there's a useful suggestion, from a fellow writer- who always appreciates how writing happens: the hows, wheres, whats, and the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, speculator.

    Finding the items to review can certainly be an issue. The majority of items I review here I purchase myself, and I cannot afford to buy every new and interesting item that I would like to.

    I like your idea about writing about writing practices rather than just the tools. In the past I've mostly concentrated on the "stuff" of writing and making art rather than on the process. I may see some ideas for future posts here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of your new readers and I'd like to side with speculator on this one. Anything you were to post about the act of writing - inspiration, the highs and the lows, your routine(s), whatever - would be worth reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...