Thursday, June 28, 2012

ICAD Week 4: Persistence + Colour

Index cards 22-28 from week 4 of Daisy Yellow's Index-Card-a-Day Challenge 2012.
This was, I think, the hardest week of ICAD for me so far.  I actually, to my horror, forgot to do the cards on two of the days, but I was able to catch up again on the following days, so I still ended up with seven cards at the end.  And none of the cards that I created this week were among my all-time favourites.  I made a couple of colour grids with my watercolour pencils, seeing how many colours I could mix by adding different shades to both the green (card 3) and the orange (card 6).  Those were kind of fun, but the spiral mandala thing on the fourth card above and the circles and stripes on the first two cards - I just don't particularly care for those cards.

Overall, however, week 4 has taught me the value of persistence.  Just keep showing up, day after day, even if you don't feel like it, and persist.  Create art, even if it looks awful.  If you miss a day, don't worry about it, and just carry on.  You'll get there eventually, wherever "there" is for you.  The mandala I drew on the last day was probably my favourite of the bunch.  And I also found myself beginning to play around on some of the cards with a few different colours other than my favourite greens and browns.  So that is also a good thing.  But I'm looking forward to week 5!

[See all ICAD posts.]

1 comment:

  1. I really like the stripey one! And overall, the colours of them all together are fantastic! And, you have them all done, enough said!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...