Friday, June 1, 2012

Index-Card-a-Day Challenge 2012

This year I am excited to announce that I will be participating in Daisy Yellow's Index-Card-a-Day (ICAD) challenge.  ICAD runs for June and July of this year and its basic premise couldn't be simpler: every day for that period, take an ordinary 3 by 5 inch index card and create some kind of art on it, from drawing to doodling to painting to collaging to writing to anything else that your mind can come up with.  I will be posting weekly updates of my progress every Friday throughout the two months of ICAD, and I invite you to join in as well!  You don't need to be a great artist or have a blog or any special supplies to join in.  The main purpose of this challenge is (in my opinion) simply to have fun while getting into the habit of creating art everyday.  If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, get over to Daisy Yellow's ICAD page, read the FAQ, check out the ICAD directory (which includes weekly prompts if you need them), grab a badge for your blog, and get started with your index cards!  Today is the first official day of ICAD, but you can join in at any time.

I'm looking forward to having some fun with my index cards, but my main objective is to get back into the habit of creating art daily.  I fell away from that in my last hectic semester of university last fall and winter, and I'm looking forward to getting back into it now.  One thing I have learned about habits is that if you want to get one established, the best way to start is by making it so easy that you can't not do it.  So that's what I'll be doing - just 3 by 5 inches of art a day for the next two months!

Now I'm off to get started!

[See all ICAD posts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...