Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Recent Addition

Late last week I pulled a parcel out of my mailbox, and inside was a new and much-awaited addition to my pen collection.  What was it?  Maybe this shall be a clue...


And of course we all know that I have a fondness for the colour green...  So, yes, your suspicions are entirely correct - it really is my very first Lamy Safari fountain pen, in the luscious limited edition colour of apple green!  Isn't it lovely?


I will get around to writing a proper review of it eventually, but for now I am simply going to set it on my desk and admire it from all angles.  And take an absurd number of photos of it.  Just because.


I always planned to get a Lamy Safari one of these days, but it was one of those things that just kept getting put off for later... and of course, "later" never comes.  But when Lamy came out with this lovely limited edition green colour I knew that this was the year.  I knew that I would never be able to settle for a Safari in any other colour if I missed this one.  Because this shade of green is just about my most favourite colour ever.  So this year had to be it.


As I said, I'll write a review eventually, but right now the green-ness and general awesome-ness of this pen are preventing me from thinking straight.  So excuse me, I have to go to admire my new pen some more...

10 comments:

  1. I've got the clear Lamy Vista. Awesome pen; you'll love it. Try out some red ink in it; that would be pretty cool to see red ink coming out of a green pen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red ink in a green pen does sound like a neat idea, Vikram! I love green so much though, I'll probably stick with green ink in this one, at least for the first ink I buy.

      Delete
  2. inked mine with Diamine Apple Glory http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_80ml_Apple_Glory_Ink_p/d7091.htm

    It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! Apple Glory is indeed a lovely shade of green and it looks like it would match this pen very well.

      Delete
  3. I love my turquoise Lamy Safari, but the apple green is awfully pretty! A person can always use one more pen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lamy has the shaped grip, so you won't have that "rotation" issue you had when you got the Platinum Preppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've noticed that about the grip. One more reason to love this pen!

      Delete
  5. I just received a Lamy NEXX-m with an extra-fine point nib. Not as colorful, but it shares the same nib, feed, and converter as the Safari, All-Star Safari, et al. Using turquoise ink (Chesterfield) it is a writing dream. The grip on the Lamy NEXX is a bit fatter and softer rubber that is even more comfortable than my All-Star Safari models. This is another Lamy to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nexx looks like another great pen; I've heard some good things about it on other sites. Just as affordable as the Safari as well. Another one to add to the list!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...