Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Do You Use a Bulletin Board?


A few weeks ago I was suddenly gripped by the desire to haul my old bulletin board out of the library closet and start pinning papers to it.  Quite a few years ago, I always used to have a bulletin board, and I pinned favourite pictures, cartoons cut from the newspaper, and quotes on it.  After a while, I stopped using it and I took it down.  For some reason, I started thinking about that old bulletin board last month and I felt like setting one up again.

I'm not really sure how other people use their bulletin boards.  This one, I think, turned into more of what I have heard called an "inspiration board" rather than a conventional bulletin board.  The papers pinned to it include magazine pictures of cats that remind me of my own cats, a black and white mandala that I drew a couple years ago, some natural history themed stamps from Ireland (which remind me of both my love for nature and my desire to one day visit that country), miscellaneous ephemera that inspire or intrigue me, and some star stickers.  (And in front of the bulletin board you can see my current collection of lost and found pencils!)  My bulletin board is sitting on top of an old trunk that sits in the library, and I see it whenever I come in.  It makes me happy to look at and see all of my favourite images gathered together in one place.

But I'm curious: Do you use a bulletin board?  How do you use it?  What kinds of things do you have pinned on your bulletin board?

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes..couldn't get through the day without my bulletin board. Half of it is for pinning things - mostly things for "not today." The other half is a magnetic white board - I usually reserve this side for today's items (or at least things that need attention this week). Love my BB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a whiteboard, that's something else that I could have fun with, although I think I might actually prefer a blackboard, since I can't stand the scent of whiteboard markers. It sounds like a great system you have there, Christine, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. A few years ago, I put up a really large cork board in the office and put up a bunch of things for inspiration. But I haven't changed it in years! I really should spend a few moments and brighten it up. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Daisy Yellow! I remember my old bulletin board sat around for quite a while too without being changed - I'll have to try to keep this one more current and change it around periodically.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...