Monday, August 6, 2012

Shades of Blue

How about some cool blues for summer?

I've never particularly cared for the colour blue (green has always been my favourite), but because blue is such a common ink colour, I've managed to acquire quite a few blues nonetheless.  And the blues also run the gamut - from drawing pens to gel pens to pencils to cheap ballpoints to erasers and even a stapler!  There's a little bit of everything in this selection.

From left to right: Staedtler Triplus Fineliners in Light Blue, Royal Blue, and Aqua; Platinum Preppy Fountain Pen in Blue Black; Pentel EnerGel 0.5mm; Pentel EnerGel Euro 0.35mm; Pentel Slicci 0.3mm in Blue Black, Blue, and Sky Blue; Staples Gel Mini in Blue; Lyra Rembrandt Aquarell watercolour pencils in Prussian Blue and Light Blue; Staedtler Mars Lumograph 2B pencil; Pentel Aquash Waterbrush; Pentel Fiesta 0.5mm mechanical pencil; Sanford Speederase mechanical eraser; and Pentel Hi-Polymer eraser.

From left to right: Swingline mini stapler; Pilot FriXion Point 04 in Blue; Uni-ball Jetstream 0.7mm; Staedtler Norica HB pencil (a lost and found pencil); Bic Round Stic ballpoint; a rather scuffed Bic Soft Feel retractable ballpoint (a lost and found pen); Staples Comfort Stic ballpoint; Pentel Wow ballpoint; Laurentien pencil crayons; Prang ColorArt crayons; and a handful of miscellaneous clips.

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I love color-matched pictures hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a mix you have going on. Do you love your Preppy? I have one on my wish list - I should just go for it, they are so inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my Preppy, or, as I should say, I did love it. Sadly, the one you see in the photo is no longer operational; the ink ran out quite a while ago and I haven't got around to buying a new cartridge. It was my first fountain pen, it was easy to use, and I liked how it wrote (the nib was not too fine, but not too broad either). (You can read my post about it here: http://apenchantforpaper.blogspot.ca/2010/06/first-fountain-pen-platinum-preppy.html) Some reviewers have mentioned that the plastic is brittle and can crack easily, but if you treat it gently and don't let it bang around in your pen case this shouldn't be a problem. In my opinion, it's a great pen and, at that price, I would definitely recommend that you try it out!

      Delete
  3. Blue is my fave color so I loved these pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...