Monday, August 13, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

A while ago, I was awarded a Versatile Blogger Award by Azizah at Gourmet Pens.  I know some people find these kinds of awards silly or even just plain annoying, but I was so pleased at being awarded I decided to accept the award and pass it on anyway!  Many thanks to Azizah for awarding me!


These things always come with rules, so here they are:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
  2. Share seven facts about yourself.
  3. Send the award on to fifteen other bloggers whose blogs you appreciate and let them know that they have been given the award.  You are not allowed to give the award to any of the blogs that were rewarded together with you.

Seven facts about myself (in no particular order):
  1. I am an incorrigible bibliophile.  Reading is one of my all-time favourite activities and I currently own 649 books in my personal library.  No matter how many books I find to discard, this number seems to only go up, never down.
  2. When I graduated from high school, I was the top math student in my school.  I even won a scholarship for it.
  3. One of the first things I bought for myself when I went to university was a set of 60 Laurentien pencil crayons.  I had always craved a set of these when I was a kid, but never had one until then.
  4. I am an introvert.  In fact, I am so introverted that most people who say they're introverts seem incredibly extroverted to me.
  5. I hate having my picture taken.  Any time anyone brings out the camera, I run.  That photo that you see on my profile in the sidebar?  It's probably about five years old now (or older) because I couldn't find a more recent photo that I liked.
  6. I started out majoring in physics in university, but ended up with a degree in natural resource science.  Despite that, I've realized that what I really want to do is write.
  7. I really am as hopelessly nerdy as the above facts have made me sound.

Finally, these are the blogs I'm awarding with the Versatile Blogger Award (also in no particular order):
The observant reader will notice that that is nowhere near 15 blogs, but... rules are meant to be broken, right?  Actually, I really don't read very many blogs, and I found it very, very difficult to even pick this many out.  Probably I was just making the process of choosing blogs way harder than it needed to be, but... I'm just going to stick with these ones for now.  I should say, however, that all of the blogs listed in my blogroll in the sidebar are terrific and you should definitely check all of them out!

Thanks again to Azizah for awarding me, and I hope you all enjoyed reading my crazy but nerdy facts about myself!  Stay tuned for more posts coming up here very soon!

11 comments:

  1. Aww yaay you passed it on! I enjoyed reading the 7 things about you. It's nice to get to know my favorite bloggers :) Hopeless nerds are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Azizah! It was fun to come up with those 7 things, so I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I got a chuckle (a good one) out of your facts about yourself, Heather. The "strong in math, but I really like verbal" is a bedeviling thing. As in--quant vs. qual, left brain vs. right brain, analytic vs. synthetic. You talk to a numbers guy or gal and think, "He (or she) knows nothing about human passions." You talk to a literary type and think, "You could use an Econ 101 class, or basic math skills, before you open your yap." Jack/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack! There definitely are those stereotypes around people who are good with numbers or with words, and sometimes they are true. But I've always been one of those annoying people who is good with both! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for including me! I'm very pleased :). I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you! I've never received a blog award before, so I'm kind of excited. The other blogs listed are awesome as well, I already follow 3 of them and will have to add the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting to get an award, isn't it? I'm glad you appreciate it! This was actually the first award like this that I have received for this blog, so I was rather thrilled about it as well.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for including me in this list :D

    Gonna do a post on this soon! (Writing it now and will be scheduled for sometime in the next few weeks!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look forward to that then! It will be fun to see someone continuing this on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...