Friday, November 30, 2012

November Miscellany: Ideas, Ink, and Colour

My monthly miscellany posts are collections of links and thoughts that don't get developed into full blog posts.  In this month's miscellany, we explore organization, idea generation, fountain pen ink, and more.  And there's something a bit special at the end, so make sure to scroll down to check that out.

  • Five ways to better organize your desk.  I must admit that I'm one of those people who is naturally organized.  I can't focus well if my workspace is cluttered and disorganized, so I have to stay organized or else I won't get anything done.
  • An interesting suggestion for generating more ideas: the list of 100.  Probably the thing I struggle with most in my writing and creativity is the belief that I don't have any ideas, or any good ideas.  This method counteracts that by forcing you to come up with a lot of ideas in a short time.  Chances are, if you just have more ideas, good or bad, you're more likely to have more good ideas as well.
  • Millie reviews the Cartesio notebook, a pretty, colourful notebook that ended up being a disappointment.  It's always good to know what notebooks to avoid.
  • Gorgeous artwork that incorporates an old envelope.  (Another one here.)  I love both birds and vintage ephemera, so these are just about perfect.
  • I also love colour-themed posts, and this post of ocean-inspired blues is beautiful.  It makes me want to start creating my own vignettes of colour.
  • The Pen Addict podcast has returned!  I've just started catching up with listening to the old podcasts.
  • Tips for buying for your first bottled fountain pen ink.  I definitely think this post will come in handy for me, as I'm currently trying to decide what bottled fountain pen ink to buy for my new Lamy Safari fountain pen.  I'll probably end up with a nice dark green, but there are just so many inks to choose from.
  • And finally (to save the best for last), I've recently started a new personal blog, so if you can't get enough of me, or if you just want to find out more about some of my other interests (mainly in nature and photography and occasionally writing and creativity in general), feel free to check out my new blog, At the Edge of the Ordinary.

That's all for this month!  Stay tuned for new posts and reviews coming up in December, including my top ten list for 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me :) And thanks for the link to your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those blogs are so beautifully designed as well as having interesting content. I recently bought a bottle of J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage, a gorgeous, saturated dark green ink that shades very nicely. Because it is so saturated you have to use bullet proof fountain pen paper like Clairfontaine or Rhodia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...