Friday, December 28, 2012

Best of the Blog 2012

To follow my top 10 of 2012 post earlier this week, I thought it would be fun to look over the past year's posts and pick my top 10 posts of the year.  These aren't necessarily the posts that were the most popular or that received the most comments, but they are posts that express, I think, the best of A Penchant for Paper and what I've been doing this year.  Here they are!


  1. Pages from the Travel Journal - One of my favourite memories of the year was my trip to the west coast.  I kept a journal during my trip, and the pages I created in that journal are some of my favourite - and most meaningful - journal pages ever.
  2. Developing a Daily Writing Habit - I've been doing more writing this year than ever before.  Not only did I finish writing the first draft of my first novel, I've also been writing more poetry and short stories. My own daily writing habit has had its ups and downs since I first wrote this post, but I'm working on it!
  3. ICAD posts - Earlier this year I completed the Index-Card-a-Day (ICAD) challenge, which was a lot of fun and helped me to clarify and develop my art skills.  I highly recommend it!
  4. Pencil Review: Dixon No.2/HB (+ first thoughts on using a wooden pencil) - If nothing else, 2012 will be memorable as the year I started using wooden pencils again.  And this was the pencil that started it all.
  5. Intro to Visual Journals, Part 1 + Part 2: Supplies + Part 3: Getting Started + Part 4: Resources - A series of posts that sums up my basic philosophy behind keeping a visual journal.
  6. Drawing Practice - In which I discover that I actually can draw, and share some of my drawings!  Hopefully I'll be able to share more of my drawings with you in 2013.
  7. Behind the Scenes: Writing Pen Reviews - A behind-the-scenes look at how my pen reviews get written.  This was a fun post to write.
  8. Book Review: Raw Art Journaling - My new favourite book on art journaling.  I think I'm going to be working with this book a lot in 2013.
  9. Rethinking the Daily Journal - In which I finally get my journal figured out.
  10. Field Notes Memo Books - Notebooks are probably my favourite items to review.  Although I was a bit unimpressed with these Field Notes books, I was so excited to finally have some of my own that this review still makes it into my top ten.


Finally, here are the most popular posts from the past year:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...