Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Introducing... Question & Answer With A Penchant for Paper


Send me your questions!  Throughout July, I want you to send me any questions you have about any topic.  At the beginning of August, I will compile all of your questions with my answers into one post.

  • Leave your questions in the comments sections of this post OR email me your questions directly at heather [dot] papertrees [at] gmail [dot] com.  If you choose to email me, please make sure that you clearly state somewhere in the email that your question is for my upcoming Q&A post and let me know how would like your name to appear on my site (or if you want to remain anonymous).
  • And remember that if you do want to ask a question anonymously, you can always leave an anonymous comment on this post.
  • You can ask me questions about any of the topics I have discussed on this blog, including pens, pencils, notebooks, paper, journaling, writing, blogging, art journals, sketching, mandalas, books, productivity, to-do lists, and planners.  But I am also open to questions on any other topics if you just want to get to know me a bit better.
  • You can send me more than one question at a time.
  • Although obviously I don't know everything, I'll do my best to answer all of your questions.
  • You can send me your questions from now until August 1.

I think this will be fun, and I'm looking forward to receiving everyone's questions.  Start sending them!

12 comments:

  1. Ok I'll play along. What do you think is the dollar threshold where a fountain pen's writing performance does not get any better if you spend more money. For example does a $100 pen write as good as you're likely to get regardless of what you spend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do you spend each year on pens alone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the most extravagant or frivolous stationery-type purchase you have ever made? :-) If you were to be stranded on a desert island, what is the one writing/drawing instrument and paper you would take -- and why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll phrase this as a sort of test question.

    There's a debate between proponents of keyboarding, often schoolteachers, and proponents of handwriting in print and cursive, often pen manufacturers and writing enthusiasts. The keyboarders cite uniform legibility and other virtues. Handwriting proponents cite low cost of pens and paper and other virtues.

    Where do you stand? Should handwriting be de-emphasized in school curricula in favor of keyboarding, or should the printing-and-cursive curriculum remain, with keyboarding regarded as an additional skill? (Hope I framed the question okay.) Jack/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather!

    This is fun! I always read your blog, so asking you a few questions sounds like a great idea.
    So here goes...
    What is your all time favourite paper / notebook?
    How do you make sure you stick to your planners. I'm a teacher and every year I make my own planner and decide to be super organised this year, but somehow I never seem to stick to it. So any tips in that department would be welcome!

    Thanks!

    Fleur (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is your favorite sketching kit for field work: sketchbook brand and size and actual drawing tools?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a market for adult remedial penmanship? Jack/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  8. First and foremost, I have to say I love your blog. :)
    I am a big fan of journaling too, though I never actually made it frequent. When I started keeping a journal in the beginning of July this year, it immediately clicked. However, sometimes I find that the entries need that extra "wow" factor - embellishments maybe? I already glue down ticket stubs and all that but I find myself wanting something extra. Could you maybe help?
    Thanks so much! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine your writing table in 1913: inkwell, dip and fountain pens, blotting paper or blotting sand, etc. Look at your writing table in 2013. Imagine your writing table in 2113. How will your writing table in 2113 be different? Jack/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is that one song that you'll never get tired of listening to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. (1) Imagine a world in which your words are rationed, maybe a 1000 words a year, or pick another figure. What do you write about? (2) Is there anything used by the writing community that's at least worth a brief post, but is often overlooked, ignored, or underrated? (I'll nominate scrap paper. I'll have stacks of it cut into fourths at my local copy shop for next to nothing. I once had a pile of 3" X 8" ads cheaply bound with reinforced tape and cardboard backing. I still use 'em.) Jack/Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your questions, everyone! Comments will now be closed.

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...