Friday, August 2, 2013

Link Love: 5 Favourite Tutorials

For the month of August I've decided to participate in Daisy Yellow's mission to share the link love.  Each Friday in August has a different theme of links to share.  This Friday is tutorials.  Five of my favourite art/creativity tutorials are:

  1. How to Make a Watercolor Chart by Jennifer Frith - I love grids and charts and playing with watercolours, so this is just about perfect.  I made a similar chart with my watercolour pencils a while back, but I didn't measure or use a ruler and just drew the boxes freehand - it was a lot messier than this but it still worked!
  2. Paper Flowers and Painted Tacks by Holly Becker - These would look great on my bulletin board - and I have a lot of leftover origami paper from my days of folding origami that I could use to make them with.
  3. File It, a tutorial on making neon-coloured mini file folders from Artsyville - I don't use file folders very much, but these might come in handy to organize my stash of papers and ephemera.  I love the brilliant colours that she used.
  4. How to Make Your Own Planner by iHanna - One of my very most favourite posts EVER, and the original inspiration behind my own DIY planner.  iHanna's tutorial is very detailed and has a lot of photos, so check it out if you're interested in trying a DIY planner for yourself.
  5. Making a Ring Storage Box by Planet Millie - This last tutorial has nothing to do with paper, but I thought it was awesome anyway.  I would make one for myself except that I only own two rings that I never wear!

That's all for this Friday!  If you're looking for my question and answer post, don't worry; it's on the way and I'll be posting it later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...