Friday, December 27, 2013

Best of A Penchant for Paper 2013

To follow up on my top 10 supplies of 2013, here are my top 10 blog posts of the year.  These aren't necessarily the posts that were the most popular or that received the most comments, but they are posts that I think express the best of A Penchant for Paper and what I've been doing this year.  If you like this kind of thing, you might also want to check out my top posts of the year on my other blog.


  1. The Next Step: Lamy Z24 Converter - I mentioned in my top 10 list how this converter changed my relationship with my Lamy Safari fountain pen, turning it from a pen I liked to a pen I loved.  This is also my favourite post of the year because I was exploring a new area (bottled inks), I had no idea how things were going to turn out (for example, I was halfway through writing this post when I realized I needed a bulb syringe to properly clean my pen), and I needed to do a lot of research.  It was a fun - if time-consuming - post to write and photograph.
  2. My Productivity System - My system is continuing to evolve and it looks different now than it did at the beginning of the year when I wrote this post, but simply being able to understand my system enough to write this post was an important step for me.
  3. Ink Review: Diamine Meadow - I was nervous about this post, because I had never reviewed a fountain pen ink before.  But I did some research so I knew what I wanted to include in the review, and I think it turned out well.  And I may have started a new tradition of including a poem with each of my ink reviews.
  4. Handwritten Post: The Story of My Pen and Paper Addiction - If you've ever wondered just how I became such a geek about pens, pencils, and paper, read this post.  Another fun post to write.
  5. My Growing Wooden Pencil Collection - I had hardly any interest in wooden pencils when I started this blog, but that has certainly changed over the years.  I've reviewed a few of them, and somehow I've ended up with this collection...  Now I just need to get into the habit of using them more often.
  6. Rethinking the DIY Planner for 2014 - My DIY planner is an important part of my life, but I'm contemplating some major changes to it next year.  I may be a bit too obsessed with my planner, but that's okay, right?
  7. Creating & Using a Blogging Schedule - 2013 was a good year for me in terms of maintaining a regular schedule of posts, something that is important to me.  This post summarizes how I do it.
  8. Less is More Art Journaling - I didn't do much art journaling this year, but I was really happy with the art journal that I did work on, my "less is more" art journal.  I think it really expresses me and my style better than any art journal I've kept before.
  9. Seeing the Big Picture: When Paper is Better Than Digital - Sometimes paper really does work better than digital, especially if you're a writer and you're easily overwhelmed when the piece you're working on is many thousands of words long (um... yes, that would be me).
  10. Question & Answer With A Penchant for Paper - This was a series of questions from readers that I answered this summer.  It was a fun post to write, but also a lot of work!


And here are the most popular posts of the past year:
  1. Guest Post: Life as an Addicted Cursive Writer by Alice Jenkins
  2. How Small Can You Write?
  3. Rhodia Pencil
  4. Laurentien Coloured Pencils
  5. My Productivity System
  6. Handwritten Post: The Story of My Pen and Paper Addiction
  7. Ink Review: Diamine Meadow
  8. Five Disappointing Pens
  9. Pens for Dark Paper
  10. The Joys & Challenges of To-Do Lists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...