Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top 10 of 2013

Once again it is time for my list of my top ten supplies of the year.  This is not a list of new products of 2013 and not necessarily a list of items that I would recommend, but simply a list of my personal favourites of the past year.

I just realized that everything on my list is either green, orange, or black.  I think this must be my most colour-coordinated top ten ever!

  1. Lamy Safari Fountain Pen + Lamy Z24 Converter - Yes, I know that's two items and not one, but it is together with the converter that the Lamy Safari really shines.  Before I bought the converter, I liked the pen but I was quickly growing bored with the limitations of the Lamy cartridges.  Now, I absolutely love this pen because I can use any ink I want in it.  And when I'm filling my pen from a tiny sample bottle and flushing it out afterwards with a bulb syringe, I feel like a serious pen geek.
  2. Diamine Meadow Fountain Pen Ink - My first bottled ink!  I love the colour of this ink and how well-behaved it is.  I'll definitely be buying a full bottle when my sample runs out.
  3. Uni Mitsubishi Pure Color-F Double-Sided Sign Pen - I just love using these pens.  I love that they're double-sided, I love their minimal but colourful design, I love that they come in lots of colours.  Using them just makes me happy.
  4. Pentel Pulaman Disposable Fountain Pen - I could probably say the same for this pen.  It's quirky and strange (then again, so am I; maybe that's why we get along so well), but I love it and I always enjoy writing with it.
  5. Rhodia dotPad - You knew there had to be something Rhodia on this list, didn't you?  I love this little notepad - the paper is heavenly, it's dot grid, and the perforations are magical (seriously, I'm always amazed at how uncannily well the pages tear off).
  6. General's Kimberly Drawing Pencil in B - While I still not in the habit of using my wooden pencils as much as I should, I love this one.  I like it's history, I like the metal cap on the end, and I like that I can both draw and write with it.  And it's green.
  7. Rhodia Webnotebook Dot Grid - More Rhodia!  More dots!  I know that some version of the Webnotebook has been on every single top ten list I've compiled so far, but I honestly think that this may be my perfect notebook.  I'm not even that interested in trying out other notebooks anymore.  Though I would prefer this one in orange rather than black for next time.
  8. Tombow Fudenosuke Twin Tip Brush Pen - I wasn't overly impressed with this pen when I first tried it, but I ended up reaching for it a lot when I was doodling in my art journal.  And I still think the combination of black and grey inks in one pen is kind of neat.
  9. Uni-ball Signo DX 0.38mm Green Black - I have used and loved this pen for a long time (the review is from 2010!), but I found myself appreciating it more this year.  It's just right in so many ways: gel, fine-point, smooth-writing, and green black - quite possibly my perfect ink colour for everyday writing.
  10. Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens - Another old favourite.  While I didn't do much sketching or drawing this year and so didn't use these pens as much as I have in previous years, they're still an essential part of my supply kit.  I wouldn't want to be without them.

And that is it for the top ten of 2013!  What were your favourite supplies this year?

~~~

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great picks. Love the Rhodia and the DX Signo. I find myself buying another color every time my Jet Pens order doesn't reach $25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some more colours of those pens too. Sadly, I haven't bought anything from JetPens in ages! :(

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great Top 10! I see a few things here that I missed when you initially reviewed them, and I'm curious enough to give them a try. Can't beat that Lamy/converter combo! Get some blunt-tipped syringes from GouletPens.com, and you will be a full-on fountain pen geek. ;-)

    - Tina

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really want to get a syringe and try refilling old ink cartridges that way, especially for pens like my old Platinum Preppy that I don't think takes a converter. I'm definitely on my way to fountain pen geekdom!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Heather for your list! That Pentel Pulaman has caught my attention. Although it looks similar to Pentel Tradio, as fan of felt tippens I must start looking for it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Tradio does come with this same tip, but it can be refilled while the Pulaman cannot (as far as I know, anyway!). I definitely want to try out the Tradio one of these days, and then I'd be able to do a proper comparison.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...