Friday, June 27, 2014

Five Years Later... Thank You

A Penchant for Paper will soon be five years old.  Over the past few months, I have been sharing with you some of my favourite and most popular posts from the past five years.  Now, I would like to thank you for your support over all of those years.


In 2009, I started this blog with no expectations of where it might lead.  Now, with nearly 800,000 page views, my blog is still small compared to the most popular blogs and websites out there, but it has grown much, much larger than I would have ever have thought possible.  Many times I have thought that I would run out of things to write about, but that has never happened.  I keep finding new products to review, keep making new changes to my productivity system, and keep starting new journals and sketchbooks, and your interest and comments here encourage me to keep sharing those things with you.

I would like to especially thank:
  • The Pen Addict, Brad Dowdy, who I'm sure has helped many new bloggers (including me) get noticed through his weekly "Ink Links."
  • Jack, Azizah, Tina, Millie, Sophie, Armando, B2-kun, John the Monkey, JoniB, Lito, Bob, Note Booker, Julie, Shangching, Von, and the many, many others who have left comments here over the years.  I haven't heard from some of you in a while so I don't know if you're still reading along or not, but even if you are not, thank you so much for your comments, product recommendations, tips, knowledge, and support.
  • And all of my readers, followers, and lurkers, whether you have ever commented or not.  I will never know most of you, but I know that you are there.  You come from countries as diverse as the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Poland, Singapore, Russia, the Philippines, and all around the world.  I feel awed to think that, writing away in a small town in rural Canada, I have managed to reach so many people in so many different parts of the world.
Thank you for the five years we've had together with this blog!

~~~
 
Most Viewed Posts
Most Commented Posts

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy 5th blogiversary, Heather! Your blog continues to be informative, interesting and well-written. Please keep it up for as long as it continues to enrich you in return!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, looking forward to the next five, ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heather! I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Heather, for making the world a little better. And, I guess, for reminding us Stateside readers that Canada is a really good place:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, sorry, that's my post above. Jack/OH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Heather and thanks for the shout out. Remember you're a veteran to some of us newbies and we will always look up to you. Now on for the next five!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Heather! My blog can't compare to yours now but I hope that it will in the future! Here's to many more years in the blogosphere! -Windi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was reading your item on the Preppy as your 1st fountain pen. I would be interested to know your path from then to now. What pens you followed with, did you go forward with fountain pens and to what extent. Which is your favorite pen/ink and combinations. What you now love to use regularly. Congrats on your work here, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question. I'm still not a major fountain pen user, but I'm happy with my green Lamy Safari that I bought a couple of years ago. I recently got a converter for it and started trying some bottled inks. So far, Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun and Diamine Meadow are my favourites.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...