- Tina shares her wonderful DIY planner and contemplates the shortcomings of traditional paper planners. I love this post, because she has identified so many of the reasons why I use (and love) my own DIY planner. And in part 2, she discusses her DIY journal and logbook - I may have to steal her logbook idea...
- Ed Jelley reviews Stipula Verde Muschiato fountain pen ink, a beautiful green ink that reminds me of my beloved Alt-Goldgrün. I don't think it's an ugly ink at all!
- Check out Daisy Yellow's great sketches with the Pilot Kakuno fountain pen (and short review of the pen). For some reason, when I think of fountain pens I always think of writing, not sketching or drawing. I should try a few sketches with my Lamy Safari one of these days...
- Todd reviews the Tombow Mono wooden pencil, which is one I have not yet tried. I also love the bit at the beginning of this post where he writes about using pencils for chemistry tests and pens for lab notebooks. Maybe my student days weren't that long ago, but my experiences were very similar.
- iHanna offers some tips on how to start using new art supplies. I think this could apply to more than just art supplies; it's easy to buy a new notebook or nice pen and then not use it.
- Azizah reviews the 2014 limited edition neon coral Lamy Safari. Neon coral isn't really my colour, but it is a nice looking pen. Here's another review from Angela at Paper Lovestory.
- The Clicky Post reviews the 0.38mm Pilot Juice gel pen. I like fountain pens, but fine-point gel pens are probably still my favourites. And the Juice is one that's been on my "to buy" list for way too long.
- Leigh Reyes writes about waterbrushes - one of my favourite supplies - and uses them with fountain pen inks. Something else I need to try!
- Here's about a zillion different DIY planner layouts from Melinda. I wish my planner was this colourful and creative!
- A great post from Modern Stationer on bullet journals and learning to love paper. I love my Bullet Journal, and you should check out the website if you're not familiar with the concept.
- And finally, here's one of my favourite posts in a long time: Pencil Revolution on the classic Bic Cristal ballpoint. Despite having many, many pens, I still love the basic Bic ballpoints, and all I have to say about this post is, YES.
Monday, June 30, 2014
June Miscellany: DIY Planners, Fountain Pens, Ballpoints
Now that we're at the end of June, the year is officially half over. Here's a slightly-longer-than-usual miscellany to celebrate: