Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bic Brite Liner Grip Highlighter

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm using highlighters more often these days.  The latest addition to my collection is this Bic Brite Liner Grip highlighter.  The main thing that sets this highlighter apart from most others is, of course, its grip.  It seems a bit odd to me to have a grip on a highlighter, since a highlighter isn't exactly something that most people would be writing with for long periods of time, but the grip is an excellent one.  The textured surface makes it very grippy indeed, and it's relatively long, allowing all of my fingers holding the pen to be in contact with the grip.

Highlighter ink is very difficult to photograph.  Imagine this being much brighter and more neon.

Apart from the grip, the Brite Liner Grip is a basic highlighter.  It's what I call a pen-style highlighter, which I don't find as fun to use as the rectangular block-style highlighters such as the Staedtler Textsurfer or the Stabilo Boss, but is more convenient and professional-looking than the thick marker-style highlighters (such as the Monami Handy Highlighter).  It's easy to fit into a pen case or cup.  I like the bold black and yellow colour scheme, although I've noticed that the images I've seen online have grey, not black, accents.

 

The chisel tip seems a bit narrow, so it would probably be best for highlighting smaller handwriting and text (or for underlining, if that's your thing).  I especially like that the fine end of the tip is firm enough to allow me to write words with it.  While I don't typically write with my highlighters, it is something that I do on occasion (for example, jotting an important word or two in the margin).  The yellow ink is your standard highlighter yellow, and the Brite Liner is also available in a few other colours.  It may smear the wettest pen inks a bit, but otherwise performed well.  There was also a tiny bit of show-through on the textbook page.


Overall, the Bic Brite Liner Grip is a good basic highlighter.  I would especially recommend it if you're looking for a highlighter that's a bit easier and more comfortable to hold.  Apart from that, I'm not sure that I would have any reason to choose the Brite Liner Grip over any other highlighter, but it's still a decent option.

Related review: Pen Paper Ink Letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...