- Andy Welfle (of Woodclinched) writes an excellent post on why someone would want to use a pencil. All very good reasons!
- Ana reviews the Monteverde Intima fountain pen in neon green with a 1.1mm stub nib. This is not a pen that I can see myself ever buying, but... it comes in my favourite colour of green. And I love how she found a matching colour of ink.
- Here are some pencils that contain seeds that you can plant! I think that's a neat idea, and the pencils themselves look great. I hope Johnny does provide an update next year on whether the seeds actually grow or not.
- Peninkcillin discovers how to completely disassemble the Lamy Z24 converter. I've never been that fussy about cleaning it, but I can see how this might be useful for some people.
- Bob reviews the Rhodia Side Staple Bound notebook. Rhodia's pads and Webnotebooks usually get most of the attention so it's nice to see a review of one of their other offerings. I own a small version of this notebook.
- Here's another excellent review of the Lamy Safari, completely with gorgeous photos. I wouldn't choose the white Lamy myself, but I love how minimalist it looks.
- Daisy Yellow draws mandalas on index cards. These are so colourful and so awesome (especially the last one!). I need to get back to drawing mandalas...
- Marisa reviews Diamine Apple Glory, a lovely green ink. Also, I like the name.
- Angela shares an example of how to create a simple travel journal. I think this method is especially great if you're not into sketching or extensive writing. And speaking of writing, Angela has the neatest handwriting!
- Finally, I love iHanna's short post about doodling. Doodling is such a simple way to incorporate a little bit of creativity into your everyday life.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
August Miscellany: Pencils, Lamys, Doodles
Posting was a bit slow here over the past month, and - since September is going to be on the busy side for me - I can't guarantee that I'll be able to maintain my regular schedule in the next month either. I do, however, have some great new-to-me items that I will be reviewing, and until then, you can read these links...