Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Miscellany: I'm Back With Links

After all the silence here over the past couple of months, you were probably starting to think that I'd given up on blogging.  I don't have a good excuse for my absence, so I'm not going to try to give you one.  Right now, I just want to focus on getting things back on track, as I've been neglecting a lot of things in my life lately, not just this blog.

Many of these links have a productivity focus, as I hope to encourage myself to start making some changes.
  • I love this idea of a projects notebook (I also love how clean and simple all of the pages in it look).  I've started a projects notebook for this year, and if I ever get around to actually working on my projects, I'll share it with you.
  • This post on scheduling your time (including, most importantly, scheduling time to plan and update your schedule) is worth a read.  As a chronic procrastinator, I've found that having lots of structure and plans in place is most helpful for me in getting things done.
  • Here's a pair of reviews of the J. Herbin Refillable Rollerball, from Gourmet Pens and From the Pen Cup.  I've long had my eye on this pen but the reviews have always been so mixed that I've been unsure whether I should try it or not.  These reviews make me think that I should!
  • Ana shows off her personal-sized Filofax planner.  I love looking inside people's planners, especially since I still haven't been using one since my planner fail last year.  And hers is such a lovely colour as well.
  • Here's a post on why you should carry a pocket notebook.  I've never had much use for pocket notebooks myself, but this post may help to change my mind.  I particularly like the idea of the micro journal, since I mostly gave up my regular written journal last year.
  • Laurie has some suggestions on how to use planners for non-planning purposes.  I hope to get back to keeping some sort of planner and/or journal one day, so I'm going to keep these ideas in mind.  I particularly like the idea of using my planner to track changes in the natural world (phenology).
  • Jinnie writes about how her journaling habit has changed, and how she uses Hobonichi and Field Notes as part of it.  I love this post (and Jinnie's blog as a whole is one of my new favourites), and it's giving me more ideas for my future journal...
  • I love Daisy Yellow's post on how she organizes her paper stash.  I love paper scraps and ephemera, even though I have hoarded way too many of them!
  • The Pen Addict writes about he changed the way he wrote his number 4.  I like this post, because once, many years ago, I changed the way I wrote my 2, and it's nice to hear that other people do things like that as well.
  • Finally, Todd writes an ode to the mechanical pencil.  I was very happy to see this, because I love mechanical pencils and have used them for longer than I have used any other writing tool.  (And I've also had similar experiences with the science and math classes, except for me it would have been physics rather than chemistry...).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,

    Thanks for your kinds words and for adding my blog to your list! I enjoyed these links (and your comments on them) and am trying to resist the urge to start more planners/journals. Must keep it simple... :D

    Best of luck on your projects :)
    Jinnie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...