- I'm rather late sharing this, but Tina has presented a 6-month follow-up on her DIY planner and journal/logbook. This makes me miss my old DIY planner...
- The Gentleman Stationer writes an excellent review of the black Lamy Safari. Personally, I'm not a fan of black, but I like how the nib is black to match the pen.
- Continuing the "black" theme, Ana compares three different black erasers (with black pencils, of course!). I think one of these needs to be in my eraser collection.
- Johnny of Pencil Revolution presents a "graphite interview" with Caroline Weaver of CW Pencil Enterprise. This is a fun and unique way to run an interview, and it's always interesting to read about how other people use their pencils.
- Marisa writes an "adventuresome" review of Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai ink. Perhaps misadventure would be a better word...
- Angela shares her blog writing and planning process. This is inspiration for me to get my own blogging schedule organized again.
- Azizah reviews the Pilot Kakuno fountain pen. I think the Kakuno is going to be my next fountain pen; that smiley face on the nib is irresistible.
- Jinnie shares an update on her journaling setup. I love the way her pages look; they contain so many neat details (the rubber stamps! those adorable cats on the bottom of the last page!). I want these to be my journals.
- Finally, Jenny reviews the original Field Notes mixed three-pack. I'm not a particular fan of Field Notes, but it's nice to see a review of the original version, as I do like its simple, classic look.
Sunday, May 31, 2015
May Miscellany: Journals, Erasers, Inks
Once again I must say that I am not quitting this blog, despite what things may have looked like lately. I still have many things I want to write about and review here, but I've been struggling a lot with finding focus and motivation in my life in general this year. Since I missed the last two monthly miscellany posts, many of the links in this one are rather old, but are still very much worth reading.