- You still have time to submit your posts to the January Carnival of Pen, Pencil, and Paper. The deadline is 5pm EST on January 5, and you can submit your posts either by filling out this form or emailing me (just put "CARNIVAL SUBMISSION" in the subject line).
- Check out Gennine's beautiful artwork on black paper. I had no idea that Moleskine made a notebook like this, but I'm almost tempted to buy one for myself (almost, but not quite). I love how the colours seem to glow against the black background.
- In keeping with the black theme, here's a review of Noodler's Dark Matter fountain pen ink from Ed Jelley. His reviews are always well done.
- I've been loving Mary Ann Moss's recent nature sketches in her journal (here are some more and I also love these pages with the winter roses). These are the kinds of things that I would sketch in my journal (if I ever stopped procrastinating and started sketching again...um, maybe this should be a goal for 2014?).
- A nice review of the Monsieur leather-bound A5 notebook at Pentorium. For some reason I really like the look of these notebooks.
- I recently came across the Journal of an Aviary Keeper, a fictional blog written by a woman living on a mysterious island and illustrated with pages from her journal. I love the artwork, and I hope that the author continues with the story. If you are interested, be sure to start at the beginning with the Prologue.
- Writer's Bloc presents a useful guide to getting started with your new fountain pen. The post includes links to many of their other articles, so if you're still not sure about getting into fountain pens, you should check it out.
- Finally, if you still haven't chosen your planner for 2014, check out Paper Lovestory's review of the Plannerisms planner, designed by Laurie from Plannerisms. If I wasn't already deeply into DIY planners, this is the planner that I would want to have on my desk.
That's all for now; happy new year, everyone!